Monday, January 19, 2015

Hola Family and Friends!


Hola Family and friends!  Fam, I hope you had a blast in California and Torby I hope you told Mickey Mouse hello for me!!

This week was awesome!  I am sper grateful for all the changes in the mission that I talked about in my letter last week and I am already seeing lots of miracles!  I have a strong testimony that this change is inspired!  Now, we aren´t so focused on numbers, we are focused on the people!  This week we foudn three new investigators which is a miracle in itself because this area is know to be super tough and the people here do not like when we knock on their doors!  Anyway, our new investigators are Gustavo, Vanes, and Emiliana!

Vanesa is 35 with 2 kids and she is a hoot!  We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she liked it, but she also has some doubts because she is taking lessons from the Jehovah Witnesses as well haha.  Two very different religions but we are praying hard to help her see the light and happiness of the true gospel of Jesus Christ!

Gustavo is 43 with a wife and son!  He is awesome and he lovesss to chat!  Our first visit with him he told us all aobut how his wife isn´t able to have children, but 10 years ago they had a miracle and his wife gave birth to their only son Lucas.  Gustavo has a strong testimony of God but doesn´t believe he needs religion because he is happy!  Hopefully we can help him realize how special the gospel is but we have a long way to go!

Emiliana is 72 years old and her second husband (her first husband died when she was 35 years old) died 17 days ago.  When we knocked on her door she told us how she has a friend who is a member of the church but she doesn´t really want to listen to a message from us.  Within minutes she started crying and telling us about her husband who died.  It was super sad but she invited us in and we taught her the Plan of Salvation!  The lesson went really well and she truly wants to live with her husband again in the eternities.  At the end of the lesson she told us that she doesn´t really want to go to church or anything like that but we are hoping this week to change her mind!

One thing I learned this week is how much trust people have in us as missionaries.  We knock on the doors of people and start talking, and within minutes, the people are crying and telling us their problems and some of the most difficult times in their lives.  It is amazing and you can truly see the power of the Spirit working on them.  It is these moments that strengthen my testimony and make me realize how truly grateful I am to be here! I love being a missionary!!

Hope you are all happy and enjoying life, I miss you all!  Britta, HAPPY BIRTHDAY on Thursday!!!  I attached to this email a birthday pic for you!  Wish I were there to celebrate but I will be thinking about you all week!  Stop growing up while I am gone! ;)  Have the best week ever and I am sure you kicked butt in your lacrosse tournament!  (can missionaries say that?) You are amazing, you are beautiful, I love you, and happyyyyy birthdayyyy Britta!!!!!!

xoxo
Hermana Van Boerum

Quote of the week:  
If you want your neighbor to see what Christ´s Spirit will do for him, let him see what it has done for you.
-Henry Ward Beecher

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS