Monday, March 14, 2016

Adventures in Fernandez Oro!



This week was pretty crazy to say the least!! Basically Hermana Chavez and I were put into a random city just 30 minutes away from Neuquen and we were given a map, a few names, and addresses of the members here.  It has been quite the week trying to figure everything out and I don't think I have ever been so lost in my entire life, but we have had some fun adventures!!  To tell you all a little bit about Fernandez Oro, it is a little town right off of a bigger town called Cipolletti.  It has tons and tons of houses and our area is HUGE.  Sometimes we even have to walk an hour from our pension to get to different parts of our area and visit investigators.  We don't have a church here yet so every Sunday we take a 15 minute bus ride to get to church in Cipolletti.  The members here are few, but super super great and I think that within a year from now they will probably start to form a group like the one we had in Chos Malal!  The people here in Fernandez Oro are really wonderful and receptive towards our message of the restored gospel; they are very different from the people in San Martin.  In San Martin I could talk to 80 people and not one of them would listen to what I had to say!  But here in Fernandez Oro the people here are super sweet!! Although I am sad to have left beautiful San Martin and my ward family there, I sure am grateful and excited to be here in such a great area and serving with Hermana Chavez to end my mission.

We had a really sweet experience with two new investigators we found tracting our first day here.  Their names are Julio and Andrea and they are Catholics that invited us to go their home Saturday to share a message with them!  They have 3 kids that are 14,  7, and 5 years old and they are just the cutest!  We shared a message about the Restoration that went really well and was super spiritual.  As I recited the first vision to them, Andrea had tears in her eyes and it was a very special moment for all of us.  By the end of the lesson Julio and Andrea committed themselves to being baptized the second of April!  They thanked us for the lesson, said that they had felt something really special with us, and that they know God had sent us to them.  What a wonderful family and I look forward to teaching them some more!!  

Overall we had a great week and I hope that all of you have a good week as well!! Love you all so much!!!!

Quote of the week:
Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.
Albert Einstein

Love y'all, the countdown is on!! Only 5 weeks left!  
p.s. DAD HAPPY BIRTHDAY ON SUNDAY!!! I will be giving you another shoutout next week :) Also, Toshy, have fun at prom you beautiful girl!  And Britty, I hope your lax tourney went well, I am sure you killed it out there!! :)

xoxo
Hermana Anika Van Boerum


pics:
pics with hermana houston and my new comp!! basically I have to mooch off of everyones cameras and ask them if I can stick my memory card in to take a few pics haha.  
pics of my last pday in san martin with hermana webb, we went to this place that had a bunch of statues of Jesus Christ, but mixed with the mapuche argentina culture here! very interesting.
random pictures with hermana webb!! We took more pics with the members in san martin our last day there but we didn't have time to pass the photos onto my pendrive!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS