Monday, April 4, 2016

#LDSconf



Happy General Conference!! I hope that you were all able to enjoy the beautiful thoughts and testimonies shared by our great leaders of the church.  This time I watched all 4 sessions in Spanish which was really neat and although it was a little different from listening to it in English, I still felt the spirit powerfully testify to me that the words which were spoken are true!  Some of my favorite talks were given by Donald L. Hallstrom, Elder David A. Bednar, Mervyn B. Arnold, Bonnie L. Oscarson, President Monson, Elder Christofferson, President Uchtdorf, and Jeffrey R. Holland!  A few of the things I was able to capture from General Conference are- 1. the importance of the restored Priesthood keys and how the ordinances of salvation are only complete with those keys 2. the beautiful blessing of having the gift of the holy ghost and 3.  that we are all sons and daughters of a very, very loving Heavenly Father- those are just a few of the may things that Heavenly Father wanted to remind me about and I hope that you all had a wonderful General Conference experience as I did!  Like Elder Holland said, our leaders truly do love us so very much and we are so lucky to be guided by such special disciples of the Lord.

I do not have much time today but I would like to share President Thomas S. Monson-s thought about our destination in life.  I love that he mentioned the Alice in Wonderland story because just the other day I had read that story in his book A Future as Bright as your Faith and I wanted to share it with all of you!  He says 
Let us not find ourselves as indecisive as is Alice in Lewis Carroll-s classic Alice in Wonderland.  You will remember that she comes to a crossroads with two paths before her, each streching onward but in opposite directions.  She is confronted by the Cheshire Cat, of whom Alice asks, <which path shall I follow?>  The cat answers, <that depends where you want to go. If you do not know where you want to go, it doesn-t matter which paht you take.> Unlike Alice, we all know where we want to go and it does matter which way we go, for by choosing our path, we choose our destination.

So choose the right path that leads to eternal life! 
Well, next week you will all be receiving my very last email!! Crazy how fast the time goes.  I hope you all know how very much I love you and have the BEST week ever!!!!

xoxo
Hermana Anika Van Boerum

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS