Monday, March 30, 2015

Felices Pascuas! Happy Easter!

One of my favorite weeks of the year!  The week before we celebrate the Resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.  Two weeks ago I finished the Book of Mormon for the first time in Spanish and for the past two weeks I have been trying to finish Jesus the Christ and read a talk about the Atonement every single day.  I can´t even explain the love and gratitude I have for my brother Jesus Christ.  The poem below is from a Greg Olsen Art picture and it made me realize how blessed we truly are...

Hand in Hand
Like a child in the woods I lost my way,
Alone and afraid I stopped to pray.
"Father in Heaven," I cried in my need,
"Please guide me home, I'll go where you lead."
Like a light in the forest He sent down His Son,
My heart became warm, a new hope had begun.
"Take my hand and I'll lead you", I heard Him say,
"Stay by my side for I know the way."
Now a child in the woods all filled with delight,
The journey is joyous as I walk in His light.
No longer alone in a shadow filled land,
He leads me home as we walk hand in hand.

I don't have the words to truly express how grateful I am for the Atonement and Resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Because of Him, we all have the opportunity to one day return to the presence of our Heavenly Father.  I am so thankful for the knowledge I have that He truly lives and his suffereing was truly a gift given to us both by Him and our Father above.  Sometimes we often think of how hard it must have been for Him to suffer all that He did, and we forget how hard it must have been for our Heavenly Father; to watch as His Beloved Son, Jesus Christ, fell on his face and bled from every pore in the Garden of Gethsemane.  To watch as nails were driven into the hands and feet of His Son, making it possible for him to hang in agony for hours on a wooden cross.  One of the apostle's in the talks I read, mentioned, "I wonder how many drops were shed for me."  Does it make you wonder how many drops Christ shed for you?  Either way, I know with all of my heart that His sacrifice was a gift given to us by our loving Father and brother.  Not only that, this is the time of year to celebrate that He lives, and I have a firm testimony that as the poem says above, Jesus Christ is walking hand in hand with us every moment of every day on our journey to return to our Loving Heavenly Father.  I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I know that He lives.  I hope you have all had the chance to watch the new video, "Because He Lives," and I hope you all take a moment to think of all the things that He did, and continues to do for us every single day.  I love you all and hope you have a wonderful Easter next week :) Felices Pascuas!

Also, shout out to the most beautiful mom in the world, HAPPY BIRTHDAY  on the 2nd, mom!!!! I love you with all my heart and I hope you have the best day ever because you deserve the world.  Family, have a blast in Hawaii but don't have too much fun without me!  Give Mom a billion hugs and kisses for me on her big day! Loves!!

Quote of the week:
As you prepare for General Conference, I invite you to ponder questions you need to have answered....There are messages in General Conference given as a gift and a blessing from heaven specifically for our personal life situations.
Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Can't wait for General Conference next weekend! :)

xoxo
Nika

pics:
lots of pics with members because we have transfers next week and I think I am leaving Godoy A next Monday!
missionaries from Huelgo
Family Duarte and Suarez
Hermana Thorp
principles and doctrine class that I teach every week!
Fabian who we baptized in December lookin sharp with his new tie!! 
HAPPY BDAY mom!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS