Monday, March 23, 2015

Otono, Autumn!!!



Buen día todos!  Not too much happened this week but the weather is finally cooling down which is great!  A week ago it was 100 degrees and we were sweatin bullets but now it is FALL!! woohoo! By the way I am emailing late today because today is an Argentine holiday (they have a billion holidays) so everything is closed this day until about 5! 
Last week we had a zone meeting and interviews with President Lovell.  In my interview we talked a lot about having faith at all times, not just when we are in need of help.  President said to me, "Right now there is a drought in Utah.  When the reservoirs are full, usually we don´t recognize how much our Heavenly Father does for us.  But when the reservoirs are empty, that is when we turn to our Father in Heaven, in faith, for help."  I love this message he shared with me and like the talk by Elder Cook I shared last week in my email, it all depends on our faith from the very beginning (yes I know you all read the talk, right? ;) I hope so!)
Friday night we were in Fabian´s house teaching him about eternal marriage and then a drunk guy knocked on the door.  Fabian knew him so he let him inside and the guy started asking Hermana Oliveira and I why we are here and other things like that.  He then asked me my name about five times, told me I am pretty, and then asked me out on a date hahaha.  Everyone burst out laughing including Fabian and his 3 cute little nephews (age 12,14, and 15).  After that, we shared a little message about Jesus Christ and we got outta there quick!  haha funny experiences here in Argentina!
The pictures below are from last p-day when we went to a fruit factory!  All the members here told us we should go because Villa Regina is known for its pears and apples! So we went and they gave us a tour of the factory and free pears which was pretty cool!  And yes they made us wear lovely white hats and jackets so don´t judge the photos!  Sorry for all the selfies as well ;)
Have a wonderful week everyone!! I love you all!!  Family you should probably cancel your trip to Hawaii and wait until I get home...I heard there is snow in Hawaii right now...haha jk I am so excited for you guys!! 

Quote of the week:
The feeling of love from our Heavenly Father is like a gravitational pull from heaven.  As we remove the distractions that pull us toward the world and exercise our agency to seek Him, we open our hearts to a celestial force which draws us to Him.
Elder Paul E. Koelliker

p.s. Yesterday I completed 5 months in the mission!!! Time is flying by, almost too fast!! But I am absolutely loving my mission and I am so happy :)

xoxo
Hermana Van Boerum

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS