Monday, March 16, 2015

Building Faith!



Other than the fact that I was sick for the past few days, this week was great!! I laid in bed half day on Friday but this entire week we have been working really hard to get our investigators to go to church because that is one of the main things preventing them from being baptized!

On Tuesday we had lunch with the Bishop of our ward and after we left his house, a lady named Angelica walked up to us cryingand asked us if we could pass by her hose to talk with her.  We went to her house and she had her neighbor, Lali, come and join in on the conversation.  It then became one of the most spiritual lessons I have had as Lali and Angelica began to tell us more about their lives and as we began to share the message that Heavenly Father had in store for them.  Angelica told us how she is trying to move out of her house because her male neighbor is doing inappropriate things and takin advantage of her.  After that, Lali started crying and told us how she suffers from depression and one day about a year ago she was doing all she could to find a gun to kill herself.  Listening to their stories brought tears to my eyes and Hna. Oliveira and I were inspired to share the scripture Alma 40:11-13 with them.  We bore our testimonies about the Atonement and told them how much their Savior and Heavenly Father love them.  The Spirit was really strong and I know they felt it as well.  What a blessingitwas to help them come a little closer to Christ.  Before we left they asked a couple questions about our lives and things like that, and Lali turned to me and said, "Correct me if I am wrong, but you really love and miss your family huh?"  I responded, "Yes, how do you know??" and then she said, "Because I can feel it in my heart when you talk about them."  I love you family :)

This transfer we are focusin on the talk, Faith in Jesus Christ by Gene R. Cook.  If there is one thing that you take away from my email today, READ THIS TALK, because it is amazing.  My favorite part in the talk is when he says, "Someone said long ago, when great events occur, there are three types of persons manifested: First,the one who doesn´t realize anything great is happening, second, the one who realizes something is going on but doesn´t know what it is, and third, the one behind the scened making it all happen."  I invite you all to read this talk by Elder Cook and learn how we can use the power of faith in our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ to wrought miracles in our lives and the lives of others.

Dad, shout out to you because your birthday is in 6 days!!! Birthday picture attached below :) and I hope you have a wonderful day because you deserve it!  Eat 2 extra sushi rolls for me to celebrate :)  I hope you get some good skiing and cycling is as well! Hopefully you get my letter before your birthday, I love you!!! Happy Birthday on Friday!

Quote of the week:
True doctrine, understood, changes attitudes and behavior.  The study of the doctrines of the gospel will improve behavior quicker than a study of behavior will improve behavior.
Boyd K. Packer

Have a wonderful week everyone!!!

xoxo
Hermana Van Boerum

ps lots of pictures attached!  I don´t have time to explain them all but the big white statue is the "Indian" of Villa Regina!! We went last P day and it was awesome!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS