Monday, March 9, 2015

Hermana Van Boerum, Van B, Ban Boorum, Ban, Van Percy, no se (I don't know)

^^^^The subject line of this email is all of the names that I have picked up since I have been here haha.  No one can say my last name so now I introduce myself as Hermana Van to make things a little easier for the people here!  I got the name Van Percy from an elder who always yells, "WOOO VAN PERCY" when we play soccer and now all the missionaries in my zone call me Van Percy ;)

Miracles do happen:  After 3 1/2 months I have finally found gluten free empanadas this week!  Hallelujah!  They were delicious and I enjoyed every single bite :)

This week was awesome!!  We had zone meeting and it was so spiritual.  We talked a lot about faith in the Lord Jesus Christ which I want to talk about a little more in my email next week but this week I want to share a little message about a lasting conversion.  Last transfer as the mission, Neuquen, we studied the chapters of Alma 17-27.  These chapters are full of wonderful stories that we can apply to our lives but I love the story of the Anti-Nephi-Lehies when they truly showed that they not only have testimonies, but they truly have a lasting conversion.  The story of the Anti-Nephi-Lehies is when they were being attacked by the Lamanites, instead of fighting back, they hid their weapons, knelt down, and 1005 of them were killed.  They had made a convenant with Heavenly Father to never use their weapons, to "hide them away that they may be kept bright, as a testimony to our God at the last day."  They were so converted and grateful for the power of repentance that they were willing to give up their lives.  Like them , we have made our own convenants with God, but do we truly have a lasting conversion?  As missionaries sometimes we talk about what life will be like after out missions.  Our district leader told us that fifty percent of returned missionaries fall away from the church.  This really got me thinking and I began to ask myself, "What will keep me going to church after my mission and especially 30 years from now?  Do I truly have a lasting conversion?"  I think these are both questions that we can all as ourselves.  I invite you all to find the reason why you are still going to church this very day and strengthen that anchor that you have in the church.  If you don´t have a reason, start to study the life of the Savior and Heavenly Father's Plan of Happiness that he has given us and I know that your joy, testimony, and gratitude will begin to grow as mine has.  Begin converting yourselves now, each and every day, to accept the will of God, repent, and hold firm in your faith until "we shall be brought to stand before him to be judged, that we have not stained our swords in the blood of our brethren since he imparted his word unto us and has made us clean thereby."

Family, I LOVE YOU!!! 

Shout out to:
Mimi and Bubba, thank you for the sweet card you sent me!
Heidi Monson, thank you thank you for the darling sign you made and sent me!!!! There is a picture below!! I love it!
Madi Olson, good luck with your wedding this week, I am so happy for you!!!
Jordyn, congrats on the engagement, I love you so much and I am so excited for you!!!!!

Quote of the week:
In moments of fear or doubt or troubling times, hold to the ground you have already won, even if that ground is limited...When these moments come and issues surface, the resolution of which is not immediately forthcoming, hold fast to what you already know and stand strong until additional knowledge comes.
-Jeffrey R. Holland

xoxo
Nika

HAVE THE BEST WEEK Y'ALL!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS