Monday, October 5, 2015

The Best Weekend of the Year!


Hello everyone!  I hope you all had a wonderful General Conference weekend and I hope you are all enjoying the wonderful fall weather and the beautiful color changing leaves! This week for me was great and I am so full of gratitude for our Heavenly Father and the blessing He has given us to have such incredible leaders in our church!
Some of my favorite talks this weekend were by Robert D. Hales, Dale G. Renlund, Russell M. Nelson, D. Todd Cristofferson, and David A. Bednar!  The main themes I took out of the words from God, given by these wonderful leaders, were the divinity of women in the church and that our leaders are truly called by our loving Heavenly Father.  It really was such a neat experience for me to see our 3 new apostles walk up to take their new seats in the Quorum of the 12 Apostles and as I watched them I could truly feel the Spirit so strong.  I just know with all my heart that they are the 3 worthy men who God wants leading our church alongside the prophet.  I sure am going to miss L. Tom Perry, Boyd K. Packer, and Richard G. Scott, but I know that they are now again with our Heavenly Father in a much brighter and happier place.  I would like to point something out though which is that in each of these apostle's last General Conference talks, they talked about eternal families.  For those of you who know me super well, you know that my family is the most important thing in my entire life, so it really is something special to me that the last few words of these 3 great men were about eternal families :)  I love it!  Overall though my favorite talk of this weekend was given by Jeffrey R. Holland about the love of a mother for her children and how it is the closest thing to the pure love of Christ.  I loved this talk so so much and I gotta be honest that I cried a little bit as it made me think of the wonderful motherly love that my mom has always given me.  It is truly a special love that I have seen in my grandmothers as well, and I feel so humbled and blessed knowing that this great love my very own mother shows me is the closest thing I can feel to the love of my Savior Jesus Christ.  Thank you Mom :)  
Everything is going great here in el Bolsón and our investigators are doing well! I will explain more about them next week when I have more time but for now our investigators are Silvina and her children, Fernando, the Conrado family, José, Sara, and Andrés!  They are all such great people and I have loved helping them my first few weeks here!
This weeks "quote of the week" comes from my good friend Elder Fuga who was in my MTC district about a year ago!  This week he wrote me a letter and he added in a quote that I really liked and I think it applies to all of us as we are all on the journey to return to our Father in Heaven.  Elder Fuga plays football for BYU (sorry Dad but go cougs!) so the quote is referring to a football player and how winning is done, or a missionary and how success is achieved, but we can also look at it as a child of God trying to make it through all his/her trials in life in order to make it back to their Heavenly home :) 
Elder Fuga said, "Remember, it ain't about how hard you hit, it's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward, how much you can take and keep moving forward.  That's how winning (success) is done (achieved)!"

Alright y'all, have a great week and I love you all so much!!! 
xoxo
Hermana Anika Van Boerum

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS