Monday, January 18, 2016

Love



This week was suuuuuper crazy!  Monday night at 12pm we took a 7 hour bus ride to Neuquen in order to do paperwork for us to receive our visa.  We were there from Tuesday morning until Friday night when we got back to San Martin at 3pm.  This week was full of lots of fingerprints, talking, and early mornings.  And then the afternoons were filled with working in Neuquen, hot weather, and LOTS of mosquito bites!!  It ended up being a good week though and Hna Webb and I had lots of fun together during our travels.  Plus it was nice to have people actually listen to us as we preached the gospel which almost never happens in San Martin!  It was a good break :)

So now here comes the best part of my week.  Yesterday morning Hna Webb and I looked for two hours straight for someone to come to church with us (p.s. they changed to rule I told you guys about lsat week, we can now go to sacrament meeting without investigators, but we aren't allowed to go to the first two classes without investigators).  It was a long morning and on top of things I realized that someone had probably stolen my camera during our trip back from Neuquen because I just couldn't find it.  Anyway, Hna Webb and I were headed to the church to go to Sacrament Meeting and to be honest, I was just a little bummed out because we are working hard and don't have many investigators.  All of a sudden out of nowhere I hear a little girl yell, "Hermana Van!!"  and when I turn around, I see Romina, Marcelo, Morena, and David all getting out of their car!  I can't even explain the joy I had when I saw them and I felt God's love so strong in that moment.  It was such a tender mercy and one of the greatest moments of my mission being able to see them again.  After lots of smiles, laughter, hugs, and tears, they told me that they had this trip planned to come and visit me since the day I left el Bolson.  Turns out that they left at 5am that morning and then got here to San Martin at 10:30 just in time to meet me at the church since they knew I would be there!  It was the BEST surprise ever.  We all went to Sacrament Meeting together and then went to a park after church and caught up on life.  It was the sweetest thing because they had even brought a bunch of gluten free cookies and snacks, a gift for me from el Bolson, and a gift for my companion (and they didn't even know her!).  After a few hours, they had to get started on their 5 1/2 hour trip back to el Bolson so we didn't have too much time to be together.  But all I can say is that yesterday was one of the best days of my life.  Just so you all know, the Inalef family is going to church every week and they are super strong in the gospel.  Romina is now the second counselor of Young Womens, Morena is going to be baptized by Marcelo next month when she turns 8, and cute little David is saying his prayers every single night.  I couldn't be happier with their great news and my joy is so full right now.  After not being able to hear from them for 1 1/2 months, I am more than grateful.  I love the Inalef family and I love my Heavenly Father so very much.  

I want to leave you all with an excerpt from Romina's letter she gave me yesterday, which really touched me:
"Today I though about the greatness of our Heavenly Father, for allowing us to come here this day and see you.  And what worried me was not being able to make it on time to take the sacrament and renew my baptismal covenants, but even up to those details, God took charge.  I feel happy and so thankful with Him for having put you in my way.  I know that the Father sent you to help me and many others.  I love you my friend."

I testify to all of you that Heavenly Father truly does know and loves us.  He knows our hearts and our greatest desires.  And because of that, I love Him.  Have a wonderful week and don't ever forget how much God truly loves you.  

Quote of the week:
Reaching out to rescue one another, under any condition, is an eternal measure of love.  That is the service that counts.  
-Ronald A. Rasband

xoxo
Hermana Anika Van Boerum

pics:
fun times in Neuquen!
an Oly "O" pic with my amigo Elder Lloyd from Olympus, GO TITANS!
pics with the Inalef family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS