Sunday, February 28, 2016

te quiero---i love you



Hey friends and fam!! Sorry for not sending out an email last week.  The computer I was on had a virus and must have been all messed up because I had sent all my emails but apparently none of them really sent!! So here is my email from last week, enjoy!!

Hey everyone!! I hope y'all had a wonderful Valentine's Day yesterday.  Here in Argentina they don't really celebrate that holiday but my comp and I celebrated by eating some of the yummy candy my mom sent in a package!  I love you Mom!! Anyway, things are good here in San Martin and we had a pretty uneventful week! From Thursday until Saturday we were in Bariloche for a conference with president and divisions.  It was pretty fun but it is hard spending so much time outside of our area!  The work here is going well thought but pretty slow.  Our investigator Luis sho has all the missionary lessons, church attendance, and had a baptismal date for the 13th of February--has now stopped communicating with us for over a week.  After many calls, messages, and passing by his home, he still hasn't contacted us and we just aren't srue what to do anymore!  Kind of a bummer.  But we do have an investigator named Kiara who is 10 years old and super cute.  She is progressing pretty well and we are hoping to baptize her the 27th of February.  We are gonna need your prayers!!
About 2 weeks ago we watched a missionary broadcast shown to missionaries all over the world.  I just want to leave you all with two questions that Elder Anderson asked us about faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement.  And I invite you all to ask yourselves and ponder these questions as well! He asked:
What do I believe about the atonement of the Savior?
Am I personally experiencing the atonement every single day?

I know that the atonement of Jesus Christ is everything.  It is central, or should be central, to all that we believe and do each and every day.  I hope that you all at one point have been able to experience the joy that comes from the cleansing and healing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  The greatest gift of love that we have ever been given.  
I love you all so very much and hope that you all have a wonderful week!!!! Happy Valentine's Day yesterday, fam.  I LOVE YOUUUUU GUYS!!! 

Quote of the week:
There is only one day that you and I have to live for, and that's today.  There is nothing we can do about yesterday except repent, and there may be no tomorrow.  The thing for us to do when we arise from our beds as God gives us a new day, is to take whatever comes to our hands, and do it to the best of our ability.

xoxo
Hermana Anika Van Boerum


pics:
-pics from our hike! the one with the elders and I looks like a super lame band cover haha ;)
-pics from our bus ride to bariloche
-pics in our sweats after a rainy cold night in Bariloche, super fashionable :)
-valentine's day selfie 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS