Monday, December 29, 2014

The Week of Navidad!


Hope you all had a great Christmas!  Christmas wasn´t the same here in Argentina without my fam and the summer weather, but I still had an awesome week!!!

Here is a little run down of all the fun this week: 
Wednesday= Christmas Eve!  As missionaries we had to proselyte until 6pm and then after  we had a big Mexican themed Christmas eve feast with all of the people in my zone!  It was tons fo fun and of course I loved it because we had TACOS for dinner :)  Also, we ended the night watching fireworks from the window of our pension!
Thursday=Christmas Day!  I woke up and opened a Christmas package from my fam and from Mimi and Bubba (my grandparents), THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU GUYS so much!!  You guys are amazing.  The rest of the day was a blast!  We played lots of games, played soccer, took pictures, ate lunch, played cards, all sorts of fun things but my favorite part of Christmas day was skyping my family! What a blessing that was to talk with my fam.  Best Christmas present I have ever received.
Saturday: A Christmas miracle, the baptism of Fabian Soto!!!!  Fabian is a 4 year old man that we have been teaching for the past 4 weeks.  He has a son and lives with his mom because both his father and brother died a year ago.  Fabian can´t read  or write, but he has a lot of faith and a strong testimony of our Savior!  Oh man this was one of the best days of my life.  He had the biggest smile on his face as he walked out of the baptismal font.  I feel so blessed to be apart of Fabian´s conversion and to see the joy and blessings he has already received after being baptized a member of the church.  I know I always say this but I truly love being a missionary.

Whelp, I don´t have much time left but I want to talk a little bit about New Years before I get off!  I´m sure you all have some New Years resolutions but I want to leave you with this quote from Dallin H. Oaks:
Following Christ is not an occasional practice, it is a way of life.  
I hope that before the year is over, we can all think about the things we want to leave behind this year, that will enable us to become more like our Savior Jesus Christ in the year 2015.  It isn´t easy but throught the Atonement of Jesus Christ we have the opportunity each and every day to start over and become more like him.  I love every single one of you and hope that you have a great New Years! ciao!

xoxo,
Hermana Van Boerum

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS