Monday, August 3, 2015

Happy Day :)


Sorry I am on a little late!! Today, Dante-the elders' investigator that was baptized a few weeks ago-wanted to take us on a tour of the outskirts of Chos Malal! I will be sending lots of pics (sorry) but it was absolutely a blast and we all had so much fun!  In the back of his van he put chairs and a couch for us to sit on because the back part doesn't have seats but we spent a couple hours just driving around taking pics.  When we got to a city that is about 45 minutes away called Andacollo, Dante and his wife had brought a bunch of snacks for us to have a little picnic.  So we also got to just hang out in a nearby park while playing cards and soccer together!  It was a blast and the "tour" was SO beautiful.  Definitely a day I will never forget! :)

Whelp we still don't know transfers until next Sunday but I am pretty sure this will be my last week in Chos Malal.  I truly love this place, and love the people here even more.  In my 4.5 months here in Chos Malal I have had some of the greatest experiences of my mission and created some of the best relationshiops that I know will last throughout the eternities--I sure am gonna miss this place.  Although it was a bit overwhelming coming to an area so new which then added on even more responsiblities then I already had, it was such a growing experience for me.  Not only being here in Chos Malal, but the opportunity to train Hermana Vilca as well have both twisted, stretched, and challenged me in so many different ways, but I have grown in more ways that I could have ever imagined.  It has been such a blessing to be here and also training Hermana Vilca, who I have grown to love so so much.  I am more than thankful for all the personal and spiritual growth I have been able to experience her in Chos Malal and I look forward to the next adventures awaiting me.  

quote of the week:
"Happiness doesn't come from external circumstances. It comes from the inside—regardless of what is happening around us."
—Dieter F. Uchtdorf
p.s. family I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xoxo
Hermana Anika Van Boerum

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS