Monday, September 7, 2015

Elder Texeira from the Quorum of the Seventies


This Wednesday over half of the missionareis in the Mission Neuquén went to Neuquén City for a conference with Elder Texeira from the Quorum of the Seventy!! We were able to ask him whatever question we had, and through his stories and experiences he shared with us, he taught all of us the things we need to do in order to be better missionaries.  It was a really neat experience and he inspired me to do all I can to talk to every single person around me!  Some other things I really like that he said is that during our missons, we will always have highs and lows.  But if we learn from the lows to have great highs, our mission will be successful and will always be an "uphill experience."  I loved that because I think that it applies to life as well!! He also told all of us missionaries that of all the amazing things he has done in his life, (just so you know he was a mission president in Brazil, lived in Germany, can speak 7 languages, became one of the Seventy in the church, has talked to international government leaders, was the leader of the church missions in all of Europe, and much more!) the best thing he did was learn English!  Elder Texeira is from Portugal and he said that without knowing English, he couldn't have been able to accomplish all the amazing things he has done because not only is it an international language, but it is the central language of the church as well!  Super interesting and it helped a lot of the Latins to understand how helpful it will be for them if they study English in their mission!

His darling wife Hermana Texeira shared the scripture John 8:29 which says "And he that sent me is with me: the Father hath not left me alone; for I do always those things that please him."  She reminded us that we truly are never alone although sometimes we may feel that way, even in the mission!  Our Heavenly Father is always there.  And because our Father loves us, we should always do those things that please Him through our obedience as missionaries and members of the church :)

At the conference I got to see lots of good missionary friends and my old comp Hermana Huisar!! I also met a sister missionary who is now in my old area in Villa Regina and she updated me on Fabian who was baptized when I was there!  She said that he is doing great and still going to church which made me SO happy.  She also told me that all the members in Villa Regina have the photos up that I sent them of their families and I!! Definitely one of the best days ever :)

Whelp I hope you are all doing well and I love every single one of you!! My investigators are doing pretty well but we haven't seen much progression since they aren't completing the committments we leave them, but I will fill you in more on how they are doing next week!  I love being here in the mission and I couldn't be happier.  Keep being disciples of Christ and serving those around you, talk to y'all next week!

Fav scripture of the week:
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God...
Romans 8:28

Quote of the week:
They do not love, that do not show their love.
William Shakespeare

Make sure to alwasy show those you love how much your truly love them!! I love you Mom, Dad, Jake, Toshy, Britt, and Torb!!!!! :)

HAPPY LABOR DAY Y'ALL!
xoxo
Hermana Anika Van Boerum

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS