Monday, November 30, 2015

Gracias


Happy (late) Thanksgiving!! I hope you all were able to have a wonderful Thanksgiving day full of family, food, and gratitude.  Argentina doesn't celebrate that holiday so the only thing we did to celebrate was draw "hand turkeys" (keep in mind there isn't much you can do as a missionary haha) and say what we are thankful for haha.  I also made a big breakfast with pancakes, eggs, and fruit for my comp and the hermana leaders but other than that nothing too crazy!  We also ended the night with grilled sausage, chicken, blood sausage, meat, salad, potatoes, and fanta!  Romina and her fam brought it all by our pension that night just for fun!  So that was super nice of them and with all the food they gave us it felt a little bit like Thanksgiving! 

Alrighty well not too much happened this week but our investigators and less active members are doing great!  Since this week was all about being thankful, I would jus like to share one of my favorite, yet very simple, scriptures about gratitude!  Doctrine and Covenants 59:7 which says: "Thou shalt thank the Lord thy God in all things."  I have definitely come to understand that a little more while being here in the mission.  Sometimes we only thank God when everything is going right.  But when everything is going wrong, our prayers then change from "Thank you Heavenly Father for this, this, and this..."  to "Heavenly Father I need this, this, and this..."  But what we need to do is be thankful in all things.  When we are going through a hard time, we need to pray to our Father Above and say "thank you for the things this experience will teach me."  No matter what the circumstances, we truly need to be grateful.  Because if we really understand the Plan of Salvation, we will understand that everything we go through happens for a reason.  God gives us tests, trials, and hard times because he loves us.  Because through these tests, trials, and hard times, He can mold us into what He wants us to become.  Which that is to become like Him. 

I am so very thankful for the blessing that my Heavenly Father has given me.  The two greatest blessings that I cherish most are my family and the Atonement of Jesus Christ.  The two cloest things I have to my heart.  I am sure you all had a moment to "count your blessings" this week but I just would like to invite all of you to say a prayer of gratitude tonight.  Don't ask for one single thing, just thank your Heavenly Father.  And thank Him as well for all the experiences both good and bad, that have made you into the very person you are today.  

Quote of the week:
One of the most tragic things I know about human nature is that all of us tend to put off living.  We are all dreaming of some magical rose garden over the horizon--instead of enjoying the roses that are blooming outside our windows today.  
-Dale Carnegie

Be grateful!  I love you all so much and I am so thankful for your support!! :)

xoxo
Hermana Anika Van Boerum

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS