Monday, December 28, 2015

Feliz Ano Nuevo 2016!



Well hey y'all I still can't believe that in 4 days it is going to be the new year!  That is super crazy to me.  First off I would just like to say that I had a wonderful Christmas Day here in Argentina and although it didn't feel anything like Christmas, I was so thankful to be able to talk to my amazing family.  Christmas Day started off with opening gifts from my family, grandparents, and Heidi Monson, and then we basically spent the day with our district playing soccer, talking, and eating tacos.  Then comes my favorite part when I got to skype my fam!!  I was soooooo so so happy to see their beautiful, smiling faces and they always remind me of how so very grateful I am for this gospel and the opportunity that I have to share it.  I have definitely come to realize how blessed I am with the special family I have been given, and now it is my turn to thank God for this great blessing in my life by helping other families be eternal.  Anyway, I just love my family so much and I had a wonderful holiday week!  It brought me so much joy being able to remind the people of Argentina about the true meaning of Christmas.  
2016 is right around the corner!  What are you wanting to change about yourself this year?  What are your goals, desires, and New Year's resolutions?  I just want to invite you all to take a moment and write down a few goals for this upcoming year.  Both spiritual and temporal goals!  If some of you are maybe a little confused or unsure where to start with your goals, I would just like to leave you with the wise words of Neal A. Maxwell that have really helped me put things into perspective what what I want to accomplish this new year of 2016:
Brothers and sisters, Christ paid such an enormous, enabling price for us! Will we not apply His Atonement in order to pay the much smaller price required for personal progress?. Being valiant in our testimony of Jesus, therefore, includes being valiant in our efforts to live more as He lived. We certainly cannot enter His kingdom without receiving the restored ordinances and keeping their associated covenants, but neither can we enter His kingdom without having significantly developed our charity and the other cardinal attributes. Yes, we need the essential ordinances, but we also need the essential attributes. Yes, we need to keep our covenants, but we also need to develop our character. Do we not sing, “More holiness give me,” pleading that we can be “more, Savior, like thee”? 

I love you all and HAPPY NEW YEAR! :)
Quote of the week:
The best way to make a permanent change for good is to make Jesus Christ your model and His teachings your guide for life.
-Elder Richard G. Scott
xoxo
Hermana Anika Van Boerum

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS