Wednesday, December 16, 2015

The best Surprise of My Life

Good news:  My new comp is Hermana Webb from California and she is absolutely darling. Like we are already such good friends and I love her SO much!!  Other good news, surprise surprise Romina got baptized!!  This week Hermana Tapullima and I decided to back off trying to get her baptized since Marcelo still hasn't received his papers.  But on Thursday out of nowhere Romina says to us, "Hermanas, I want to be bapitzed this Saturday.  I couldn't sleep all night last night because I couldn't stop thinking about baptism, so I feel like it is the right thing to do and I am ready to be baptized!"  On Saturday December 12th we held Romina's baptism and it was one of the best days of my entire life.  I could just feel the love so strong that our Heavenly Father has for Romina and the Inalef family, and it was a beautiful day.  A moment that has changed my life forever.  Saying goodbye to their family was one of the hardest things I have had to do in my entire life.  They will forever have such a special place in my heart and I thank my Heavenly Father a million times over for having let me know them these few months and for letting me be apart of this first great step in helping the beautiful Inalef family become a beautiful eternal family.  I am of few words today because I am still pretty sad about leaving, but I know that the only way we can progress in this life is if we enfront the hard changes in our lives with a positive attitude and an optimistic outlook.  Understanding that everything that happens is part of God's plan.  As Marcelo Inalef told me last night when I said my goodbyes, there is a reason that the Lord only wanted me there in el Bolson 3 months.  Only He knows the reason but I need to trust in Him and continue on with my faith, hope, and happiness. I can't even express the great love and gratitude that I have for the Inalef family. 

I love you all so very much.

xoxo
Hermana Anika Van Boerum

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS