Monday, May 4, 2015

Not too much happened this week but we are working hard to progress the work in our area!  We have knocked on doors for hours and hours almost every day for the past 4 weeks but nobody wants to listen or know more! So it has been a bit of a struggle in our area and our faith is definitely being put to the test!  We have very few investigators, but we are hoping and praying to see miracles before the transfer ends in two weeks when Hermana Huisar moves to a new area!

This week we had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders and I got to serve with Hermana Scofield for a day!  She is from Arizona and super sweet.  We had an awesome day together and found a few new people to contact! We also found an old investigator named Emi who is 17 years old and her and her mom, Norma, had tons of questions to ask us about our church!  So we sat down in their home for 2 hours and talked all about temples, the prophet, missions, the Plan of Salvation, Joseph Smith, and many more!  Although they don't quite agree with some of our beliefs they were really nice and invited us back to learn more.  We had a great lesson and I am excited to see where things go with them!

In our district meeting this Tuesday we talked about what we can do to become better missionaries and more like our Savior Jesus Christ. Often times as members of the church, we are overwhelmed with the goal to become perfect like our brother Christ is perfect.  But, my district leader brought up something that I really liked and I would like to ask all of you!  Who is the most Christ-like person you know?  My district leader asked us this question and the first people that came to my mind were my mom and dad.  Two of the most loving, humble, charitable people I know.  Becoming like Christ might be quite the feat for now, but what we can do is start with a smaller goal and try to become like the most Christ-like person we know.  I would love to become more like both of my parents who hold many attributes of the Savior and as I try to do so, I myself with slowly become more like Jesus Christ.  So I challenge all of you to think of that one person you would like to be more like and as you become more like them, you will become more like the Son of God :)

Hopefully that all males sense and I hope you all are happy and enjoying the Spring weather!  There is a special someone whose birthday is in two days so shout out to TORBEN!!  Happy birthday big guy! I can't believe you are turning seven, stop growing up so fast!! I miss you and love you sooooooooooooooooooooo so much.  Go to Seven Eleven and buy two slurpees to celebrate; one for you and one for me :)  Have the BEST day ever and I love you with all my heart Torb! Toshy, good luck with your AP tests, you are going to do SO well!! Britty, good luck with your lax tourney!! Score lots of goals, you are amazing!  Family, see you all next Sunday through SKYPE!!!! I am more excited than you even know, woohoo!!

Quote of the week:
Our only concern should be to do better than we did yesterday.  Step by step is the law of growth.  God does not expect the acorn to be a mighty oak before it has become a sapling.
George E. Carpenter

xoxo
Hermana Van Boerum :)

sorry I don't have time to label pics but we did celebrate four months in the mission for my darling comp, Hermana Huisar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS