Monday, May 11, 2015


We had a wonderful week but I have to say that my favorite part was Skyping my family yesterday!! Best thing ever, I love you so much Mom, Dad, Toshy, Britt, Torby, and Jake (even though I didn't get to see you Jake :) )!

This week we visited a reference from the Elders named, Alejandra!  She is 40 years old and has 3 children.  We went to her house and tlaked for about 2 hours about her doubts, hopes, struggles, and all the hard times in her life.  She told us how just a few years ago, she was in the hospital bed, weighed 80 pounds (mind you she is about 5 foot 5 inches), and her kidneys had dried up and weren't functioning.  After an operation on her kidneys, she then had a miraculous recovery and believes that she is now living this very day for a reason.  She now lives with just two of her children and is looking to find peace and happiness in her life.  We bore our testimonies and I was able to tell her that I know with all of my heart that this church and Gospel of Jesus Christ has all the peace and happiness she is looking for.  The lesson went really really well and I just know she felt the Spirit so strong.  She told us she would like to be baptized but she wants to receive an answer from God first.  So now, Alejandra needs all the prayers she can get in order to receive her answer and if you could keep her in your prayers that would be so great :) She really is such a sweet woman and I know that this gospel is what she truly needs!

Yesterday was Mother's Day and I would like to give a shout out to all you mothers out there, especially to my beautiful mother! One of my favorite stories in the Book of Mormon is about the 2000 stripling warriors and I love the scripture in Alma 56:47 that says "yea, they had been taught by their mothers, that if they did not doubt, God would deliver them."  I love this scripture because it reminds me so much of my very own mother.  Those of you that know her, already know how truly amazing she is.  My mom is one of the most humble, sweet, genuine, and loving people I know and I am not just saying that because she is my mom.  As the mothers of the 2000 young stripling warriors taught, my mom has always taught me to never doubt and to confide in my Savior in all things.  I have been so blessed to be raised by such a wonderful mom and grow up trying to follow in her footsteps each and every day.  She is the perfect example of Christ-like love and selflessness.  She has taught me in the same way that the Savior taught, through divine example, and I know that I wouldn't be here or have the testimony I do without her.  I could go on and on about my incredible mom but I just want to give her a big thank you for all that she has done for me.  Mom, I LOVE YOU with all my heart and I couldn't ask for a better best friend than you.  Thank you for everything and for being my "shot gun rider" (Tim McGraw song )   :)

Hope all you mothers had a great day yesterday as well and Happy Mother's Day yesterday to Mimi, Grandma JoAnne, Hilarie, Joni, Heidi Monson, Ashley, Holly, Heidi Nielson, Jane, Suzi, and Lori!! Love and miss you all! 

Quote of the week:
Remember that our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ, know you best and love the most.
-M. Russell Ballard

xoxo
Hermana Van Boerum

pics:
-pics with the missionaries in Zapala!
-pics of me and my comp
-Skype selfie with my darling family!
-pic with the package my mom sent me, loved the little "beach in a bag" from Maui and the delicious gluten free candy!!!!
-pic with our investigating family Mika, Silvia, and Matias!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS