Monday, June 22, 2015

Feliz Dia del Padre! Happy Father's Day!

First off, this week we received a reference of a less active member named Romina that moved here to Chos Malal 5 months ago.  We passed by her house to get to know her and help her out since we heard that she is a single mom who is struggling a lot right now.  She warmly les us into her house and as we sat there in the 12x12 foot room she lives in with her 3 kids, she started crying and filled us in on all that is going on in her life.  She lives alone with her 3 kids in a small room that a friend let her borrow and they are financially struggling a ton.  On top of that, her ex husband is trying to take away her kids to run her out of town.  So basically she doesn't know what to do because she doesn't have any money to buy a lawyer and save her kids, and Romina's life just isn't getting any easier.  As missionaries we can't help her financially of course, but we promised her that with the gospel, this hard time in her life will be a lot easier and happier.  It is going to take time but I am going to do all I can to help Romina return to church and enjoy all the blessing that her Heavenly Father has in store for her!

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY (yesterday) to the best dad in the world!  I miss you so much Dad!  I am sorry you were working yesterday but I hope you enjoyed the company of those four crazies and your banana pie in the hospital :) Here in Argentina we had roasted goat (pics below) and celebrated with the Leal family.  All the aunts, uncles, and cousins of the Leal family were there and I felt ast though I was right at home at another Sunday family dinner in the Olson or Van Boerum home!  Of course Father's Day wasn't the same without you Dad but I though about you all day and I am so grateful for all that you do.  The other day I was reading in Doctrine and Covenants and came across the scripture in chapter 93 verse 40 that says, "But I have commanded you to bring up your children in light and truth."  Thank you Dad for always leading our family and raising us in truth and light.  We are so very blessed to have a worthy priesthood holder like you to guide our family into the eternities and I am so very thankful for the example you have set for all of us.  Whether it comes to work or normal every day life, you are one of the most hard-working and selfless people I know and you do so much for everyone around you.  Thank you for being one of my best friends and for all that you do for me, I love you "Salt & Pepper"!!

Also, Happy Father's Day to all my uncles, Bubba, and Grandpa Howard!! 

Quote of the week:
We can alter the face of the earth one family and one home at a time through charity, our small and simple acts of pure love.
-Anne C. Pingree

xoxo,
Hermana Van Boerum :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS