Monday, July 13, 2015

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


Well first things first, IT SNOWED here!!! Since I got here, everyone has told me that it never snows in Chos Malal, but lucky me, I got to whip out my snow boots this weekend!  Seriously I don't think I have ever been so excited to see snow in my entire life and it makes me feel right at home in Utah!  The only thing I don't like about it is that I feel like Christmas is soon when in reality it isn't for 6 months...but I am trying to take advantage of the "Christmas spirit" by singing Christmas songs in the street and drinking lots of hot chocolate.  My companion thinks I'm crazy but it's all good, I am happy :) #FelizNavidad The other downside to the snow is that everyone used it as an excuse not to come to church yesterday.  Only THREE people came to church!!  Can you imagine going to church and there only being two other people there??  So crazy!

This week we got to meet our new president and his wife, the Casariegos!!  They are so awesome and I already love them so so much.  In the conference with President, him and his wife both spoke and it was super spiritual.  They talked all about faith and their experience being called as mission presidents.  As I sat there listening to them, I felt a confirming spirit so strong that they both truly have been called by God and that they are supposed to be here in Neuquen to guide us missionaries at this time.  It was a feeling that I will never forget and I can't wait to see all of the things they have in store for the Mission Neuquen!  Also, remember the talk that I attached to my email a few months ago called, "Faith in Jesus Christ" by Gene R. Cook?  The talk tells a story about a super faithful missionary from Paraguay who worked miracles in all of the areas he served.  He even baptized 18 people in 25 days!  Turns out, that missionary is President Casariego!  If you want to understand more about why I am so excited to have him as my mission president, read that talk!  It is amazing.  Anyway, to top things off, President even changed a few of the mission rules this week so now we can drink Coca-Cola and play sports with members!!! Basically it has been a super exciting week!  

Our investigators are doing really well and I am trying to take advantage of the 4 weeks I have left here, but I hope you all are enjoying your summer and having lots of fun!!  Jake I heard your homecoming talk was so awesome, I am so proud of you bud!!! Love you so much, family!!!!

Quote of the week:
Use what talents you possess.  The woods would be very silent if no birds sang there except those that sang best.
Henry Van Dyke

pics:
basically lots of pics of snow (Hermana Van Boerum calm it down with the selfies), and Coca Cola :) I am going to send another email with more pics as well!!

HAVE A GREAT WEEK!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS