Monday, July 27, 2015

Merry Christmas in July! and a Happy 9 months in the mission!

Well this week was just a little bit crazy!! Tuesday we got a call and we were told that we would be heading to Zapala again in order to help the hermana leaders in their area.  We packed up four days of clothes, and then right away hopped on the bus for the 3 hour bus ride to Zapala.  During those 4 days we did exchanges with the hermana leaders, we had great lessons, contacted tons of people, and even had a mini "Christmas in July" celebration with tacos (because this cold weather makes us Utahns feel like it's Christmas time)!  It was a fun experience and we had a great time with our Hermana leaders, Hermana Bitton and Hermana Espinosa!
While we were gone, we obviously weren't able to teach our investigators but they are all still doing really well!  The elders had a great lesson with our investigator Mica and they invited her to pray again about if she should be baptized!  This week we have a lesson scheduled with her so we will see if she was able to receive an answer from Heavenly Father.  She wants to wait until she finishes reading the Book of Mormon but we will see how things go!!  My comp and I got back Friday night and then the next day we spent all morning helping the elders get ready for the baptism of their investigator, Dante!  Luckily we got back to Chos Malal on time because the baptism needed a "woman's touch" haha.  Not only that, the elders hadn't even filled up the giant baptism pool we have and there was only one hour left until the baptism!  So luckily my comp and I were able to get the fire station to come and fill up the pool haha.  But everything turned out wonderful and it was such a special day for the elders and Dante!
I am officially halfway through the mission and time is just flying by!  I have been reflecting a lot lately on the first half of my mission and I have realized that I truly wouldn't want to be anywhere else.  I am so so happy and so grateful for all the opportunities I have had to share the gospel each and every day for the past 9 months and I absolutely love my mission.  Yesterday as I sat there in Sacrament meetin, I looked at all the beautiful, smiling faces around me and realized how glorious this gospel truly is.  I love being a missionary and I am so thankful to be here serving the Lord.

Family, have the BEST time in Newport!!!!! I love you guys so much!!! Eat lots of Bear Flag for me and go to the donut shop :)

Quote of the week:
The best thoughts, affections, and aspirations of a great soul are fixed on the infinitude of eternity.  Destined is such a soul, for in mortality it finds all that is not eternal too short, and all that is not infinite too small. 
-the Memorial Church at Stanford University

P.S. watch this video, it is sooooo cute!! one of my favs.
https://www.mormonchannel.org/watch/series/music-videos/im-trying-to-be-like-jesus-emily-brown 

xoxo,
Hermana Anika Van Boerum

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS